Weight Gain Diet - 2000 Calorie Bulk Up Diet

7:18 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
While at a business event in Washington D.C. this past few days I was passing around my business cards, that just happens to have a picture of me shirtless. This typically leads into a battery of questions about how I train and what I eat (plus a few awkward looks).

I’ve discovered that bodybuilding nutrition advice is good, but not great. What is great is being told and shown EXACTLY what to eat, when to eat, how much to eat and how to cook it. (The only thing I can’t do is cook it for you and feed it to you).

So over the next five days I am going to post five sample weight gain diets that range from 2,000 to 6,000 calories.

Feel free to ask questions about this bulking up diet and I’ll take your most popular questions and answer them in future posts. The most popular question I suspect is, “How do I know how many calories to consume to gain weight?”

I would recommend a simple formula: Your body weight X 15. This is a conservative bulk up plan. If you wanted to bulk up more aggressively, go with your body weight x 18.

Sample HEALTH MASS PLAN - 2000 Calories

(taken from the pages of my Empowered Nutrition Mass Meal Plans at http://www.vincedelmontefitness.com)

6:00 am Breakfast:
5 Eggs, whole
1 cup Mushrooms
1/2 cup Onions
1 cup Jalapeno peppers
1/2 cup Salsa
3 cups Tomatoes
1 tsp Olive, Flax, Hemp or Salmon Oils

35g P - 45g C - 9g F Calories: 401

9:00 am Snack:
2 cups Yogurt, plain, low fat
2 tbsp Almonds, slivered

28g P - 36g C - 6g F - Calories: 310

12:00 pm Lunch :
4 oz Chicken breast, skinless
2 slice Whole grain bread
4 tsp Mayonnaise

28g P - 36g C - 12g F - Calories: 364

3:00 pm Snack:
21 grams Protein powder
1 1/2 cups Yogurt, plain, low fat
1 cup Peaches, canned
1/3 cup Oatmeal

42g P - 63g C - 0g F - Calories: 384

6:00 pm Dinner:
4 oz Fish
1/2 cup Mushrooms
1/2 cup Onions
1 cup Tomatoes
1 1/3 tsp Olive, Flax, Hemp or Salmon Oils
2/3 cup Rice

28g P - 36g C - 12g F - Calories: 364

8:00 pm:
2 oz Cheese, low or non fat
1 cup Blueberries
6 Almonds, whole

14g P - 18g C - 6g F - Calories: 182

Total Daily Portions:
Protein: 175g Carbohydrates: 225g Fat: 45g Calories: 2005

Using my weight gain formula, this will be an ideal bulking up diet if you are 140-150 pounds and want to bulk up. Even though being in a caloric surplus is critical for gaining weight, you can still experience muscle growth by increasing the QUALITY of your nutrition before increasing the QUANTITY of your nutrition.

That means a 2000 calorie HEALTHY MASS PLAN will build more muscle than a 3000 calorie DIRTY MASS PLAN. Get it? So this 2000 calorie plan might be the solution for you if you’ve been relying on dirty nutrition to bulk up.

0 comments: